[Qgis-developer] Compilation of Qgis 1.8 with gdal svn (Windows7_64bits)

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Dec 17 16:24:42 PST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 17. Dec 2012 at 15:46:59 -0800, image wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. regarding the part 4.1.3 called "Setting up the
> Visual Studio project with CMake" , i cut & paste the raw text in my wordpad.

Batch files are plain text - use notepad or the visual studio editor (or vim).
RTF won't work for batch files.

> I edited a few things : i setted a path for python (set
> PYTHONPATH=C:\OSGeo4W\bin), i put a # before variables regarding windows
> server 2003. I put the 2 these following Gdal variables:
> set GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR=C:\Users\Laurent\Gdal_svn
> set GDAL_LIBRARY=C:\Users\Laurent\Gdal_svn

You don't need to modify anything.  You can change what you need in cmake-gui
(run from the cmd you started with the batchfile).

You could however add your GDAL include directory to INCLUDE (before
%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\include) and the directory with your gdal_i.lib to LIB (before
%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\lib) and cmake-gui should find it automatically.

> Moreover, i opened my svn checkout application and i paste this following
> I 'm sceptical because this operation seems very long...I am on the right
> path or not?

Right, that might take a while.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden