[Qgis-developer] qt problem with JPEG on Ubuntu 12.04

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 25 03:54:07 PST 2012

 Hi,

 I upgraded my server from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS. I recompiled
 QGIS server with the new qt and JPEG libraries and the compile and
 install went fine. However, since the upgrade, QGIS server cannot read
 and write JPEG files anymore. QGIS server crashes whenever the source
 (WMS) or the output involves a JPEG read or write. This is regardless of
 the input raster source (could be TIFF or WMS). PNG and PNG8bit output
 seems to work fine.

 I googled for qt and JPEG problems, but could not find much that
 sounded similar to my problem.

 Using ldd I saw that qgis_mapserv.fcgi is linked against libjpeg.so.8 -
 is this a problem? Should it be linked against libjpeg.so.62?

 Thank you if you have any idea about my problem.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)