[Qgis-developer] Android qgis alpha5

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Fri Feb 17 05:25:57 EST 2012

Hi all yesterday I pushed a new alpha version of qgis for android on
android.qgis.org

This release includes all the goodies that I got to implement lately
including:
- right click support through longClick
- shape file support
- gps
- compass
- android 4 support
- partial hardware optimization for armV7a (most newish devices have it)
- no debug symbols

I m very happy with this release because it adresses and fixes all high
priority bugs.
Adding support for a armv7a optimized whit no debug symbols build increased
greatly the speed of the app. The package you need to install is the same
and includes both armv5 and armv7a code. Android will take care of using
the correct version. Gdal and geos are not available yet in v7a code so the
v5 versions will be loaded.
I couldn't test much the v7 code so I hope you can help me testing it.
As well, on www.opengis.ch I published many videos and screenshots  of qgis.
As usual, please remember if you can (or if you know anybody that could)
that sponsoring would help a lot implementing some more great features.

Ciao

Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
www.opengis.ch