[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] Translation tools - Pootle

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jan 11 02:02:45 EST 2012

Il 11/01/2012 07:16, Alex Mandel ha scritto:
>> From what I read it has version control integration. Meaning it could
> always be up to date with the English, and stuff translated would go
> back into git. It claims users can still do offline editing directly on
> source code.

the point is that with this tools it should be easy to keep the translations updated:
the translator should not search around in the main doc to find what is changed, but
they will be shown the strings changed in the original, to be translated.

> FYI, Hamish has started prepping a copy on adhoc. If you have time to
> tinker with the config we could give it a spin.

Please do it in a coordinated fashion: we have in QGIS a couple of Django experts
willing to help, let's do it together.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia