[Qgis-developer] Plugin development from amateur...

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Mar 6 19:57:37 EST 2012

You can start by emailing the original author. If you don't get a
satisfactory response follow the same procedure as the previous person
and upload your plugin to http://plugins.qgis.org/ and possibly create a
project for it on http://hub.qgis.org

There are a few questions I'm not sure about:
Should the name be changed so both plugins can exist side by side?
How long should one wait before circumventing the original author if
they don't respond?

Thanks,
Alex