[Qgis-developer] Plugins repository policy

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 05:04:03 EST 2012

Problem not only in compilation (but in case when some parts of plugin
distributed in the form of C/C++ code this is additional difficulties for
most users).

We can't be sure that 3rd party binaries are safe and there are no security
risks (especially on Windows). Python code can be verified by user. I know
that not all users are programers but at least this is possible. But verifying
binary file almost impossible.

--
Alexander Bruy