[Qgis-developer] [hackfest] documentation tasks

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Fri Mar 30 11:25:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

> For the hackfest, any plans to work on the documentation? We don't need to
> translate so I am wondering if there are other tasks that we (francophone
> community) could work on.
>
> Jean-Roc, Otto, Vincent, others: any idea?

I've worked on a french translation of the QGIS python plugin dev workshop,
and added some content.

There will still be some work to do on this at the hackfest to fix mistakes,
retranslate into english the added parts, and try to get this documentation
coherent with the rest of qgis docs. That's an RST documentation.

A whole checkup of every single field translated in the UI could be good as
well, I've seen some strange translations popping up lately.

There is a thread on the community team ML about a new
documentation/translation/i18n system, which would be RST-based if I read
well, a lot of work to do in that field.

Vincent