[Qgis-developer] Ecological toolbox (was: plans to integrate terrain analysis tools?)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri May 4 02:07:54 PDT 2012

Il 04/05/2012 10:57, Albin Blaschka ha scritto:

> - Identify the most common operations and algorithms
> - Find a comfortable way to distribute it (customised QGIS? toolbox?
> separated plugins? library?)
>
> I think the second one could be answered with "sextante"...
> As I am no developer, just a user, please correct me if I am
> wrong...maybe somebody else had this idea already and/or is it just
> plain obvious...
IMHO it's just a matter of developing sextante models, chaining the
commands to obtain the most common analytical workflows. Then we should
find a way of distributing and sharing custom models (ticket open).
Ideas, and especially help, most welcome.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini
See: http://www.faunalia.it/pc