[Qgis-developer] Adding GRASS modules

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon May 7 10:12:35 PDT 2012

Il 26/04/2012 17:12, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> Hi all.
> Now that sextante is in full swing, I think reaching feature parity with
> the current grass plugin modules (GPM) is a priority.
> This is a very easy task:
> * check if a GPM is present in sextante
>   - if yes, check if parameters match those in GPM
>     . if yes, ok
>     . if not, change the description file, e.g. [0] in order to
> replicate the behaviour of GPM
>   - if not, you can add it to the list of missing modules, or add it
> yourself.
> This will greatly improve the usability, and will make the user
> migration easier.
> I'm ready to help volunteers, and I'm sure Victor will be happy too.
> All the best.
> ================
> [0]sextante/soft/bindings/qgis-plugin/src/sextante/grass/description/r.buffer.txt
>
> r.buffer
> r.buffer
> Raster (r.*)
> ParameterRaster|input|input|False
> ParameterString|distances|distances|100,200,300
> ParameterSelection|units|units|meters;kilometers;feet;miles;nautmiles
> ParameterBoolean|-z|-z|True
> ParameterBoolean|-q|-q|True
> OutputRaster|output|output
>
> To add a parameter as Advanced (GPM: advanced=yes), just add a "*"
> before the parameter (*ParameterXXX) and it becomes advanced.

Hi all.
The lack of response does not speak well about this. Are there
qgis-grass users around?
Anyway, Victor has kindly written a simple guide on how to add grass
modules to sextante:
http://sextante.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/soft/bindings/qgis-plugin/src/sextante/grass/grass.txt
Anyone wiling to help? Perhaps we should try to involve some power user?
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini
See: http://www.faunalia.it/pc