[Qgis-developer] help on Sextante Grass description file (v.to.rast.txt)

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Wed May 23 04:26:43 PDT 2012

Hi all
I have problems in using the v.to.rast module in Qgis1.8-Sextante.

When I open the module there are:
-Input (required)
-use (many options available)
-column (auto fills on vector selection)
-value (unique value to use if "val" is selected under use)
-output

If I want to make a rasterization based on a value I must select "val" in
use and set a value in value, but I get an error sayng that I must not
specify a column to use

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(3460,1): Column parameter cannot be combined with use of
value option

GRASS_INFO_END(3460,1)

So

I tried to change the v.to.rast.txt description file setting "true" after
the column parameter (i.e. optional)

v.to.rast

v.to.rast

Vector (v.*)

ParameterVector|input|input|-1|False

ParameterSelection|use|use|attr;cat;val;z;dir

ParameterTableField|column|column|input|True

ParameterString|value|value|1

OutputRaster|output|output

After that the column parameter still auto fills in the module form and I
cannot rasterize by a value (if not coded in a column)

How can I solve this?

Thnx

Pietro