[Qgis-developer] How to change my plugin name

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:27:41 PDT 2012

2012/5/28 bertGIS <bidou_smithers at hotmail.com>:
> Hello.
> I am trying to change my plugin (grids for atlas) package name from
> synoptiquesatlas to gridsforatlas.
> Indeed we are using an older unilinguist version in my firm, which is
> overriden in the plugin installer by the international version I submitted.
> So we have conflict? My idea was that changing the name of the directory in
> .qgis/python/plugins would solve this.
>
> The problem is that uploading the zip file gives a "name mismatch error".
> The question is the following : how can I do this in a tidy way ?

There is no way to change the package name in the QGIS plugins
repository (plugins.qgis.org), you should create a new plugin and mark
the old one as deprecated (if you don't have the right to mark the
plugin as deprecated just ask and admin to do it) so that its clear
which should be used/downloaded.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it