[Qgis-developer] R Sextante error

rldhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 01:11:56 PDT 2012

Hi all,

With a friend of mine, we identifying a bug on Ubuntu with R in sextante.

The bug is : The python subprocess doesn't execute the command.
The solution put the parameter shell to False on linux for the
subprocess Popen construction.

Python doc
http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html#popen-constructor :
On Windows with shell=True, the COMSPEC environment variable specifies
the default shell. The only time you need to specify shell=True on
Windows is when the command you wish to execute is built into the shell
(e.g. dir or copy). You do not need shell=True to run a batch file or
console-based executable.

If you want I can open an issue and provide a patch.

Regards,
René-Luc