[Qgis-developer] Keeping up with latest Sextante developments

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 05:20:32 PDT 2012

Hi all,

There's quite a bit of activity on the Sextante plugin, and I'd like to
keep up with the latest developments. It seems things have changed recently
so I have a couple of questions about the best approach:

1) As far as I can tell, active development is now happening on GitHub QGIS
core rather than svn; if I fork the QGIS repo, can I use just the sextante
plugin with old faithful QGIS 1.8.0, or could I run into conflicts?

2) I am encountering quite a few bugs which are relatively easy to fix. If
I do so, should I log them on hub.qgis.org and supply a patch, or is it
better to initiate a pull request on GitHub?

Thanks,
Rudi