[Qgis-developer] New Vector API

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Apr 2 08:34:55 PDT 2013


+1 to switch now to the new PyQT API. We already a big break - so lets
break now (even more) and then stay stable for a while. Plugin
developers will have to rework their plugins anyway because of the new
Vector API and the switch to the new PyQT API can be done in the same step.


Am 02.04.2013 15:38, schrieb Alexander Bruy:
> Hi,
> I would vote to switch now, because later we will have much more
> plugins to update. Also have two breaks (first — new API, second
> — PyQt API update) is not good IMO.
> On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 15:10:05 +0200
> Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Despite feature freeze, I'd like to ask what happened to that plan. As
>> far as I know, this change has not been made, and if this change is not
>> made before QGIS 2.0 it will have to wait for 3.0 (This is not something
>> to be done for 2.1).
>> It will probably be a small change (to switch in the core) but with a
>> huge impace (concerning plugins).

More information about the Qgis-developer mailing list