[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] [Qgis-psc] Logo

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 10:05:10 PDT 2013

Hi Alexander,

On Apr 16, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I can give my opinion,
>
> I don't dislike #50, but I think that that isolated Q won't be strong enough as an Icon.
>
> I believe that #91 and #88 (short and long version of the same design) would look quite distinct and sophisticate, would give a great program icon and looks very good printed too.
>
> http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/qgis-needs-logo-210397/entries/91
>
> http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/qgis-needs-logo-210397/entries/88

Actually, I think I prefer this #88 entry upon second review. I agree with your point that the Q icon is more distinct. This also has the  "GIS" portion of the logo reduced and offset from the top horizontal line of the "Q" as I was suggesting for #50. I also like the flow of "uantum" off the tail of the Q. Lastly, it looks like a Q.

> I believe that 2.0 deserves a brand new logo, so any of the old logo revamped styles (like #166, #49, #42) don't seam to be a good option.

+1