[Qgis-developer] How to deal with plugins which are not useful for users (e.g. Hello world)

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 23:44:01 PST 2013

2013/12/31 Bob and Deb <bobdebm at gmail.com>

> Maybe what is needed is a checkbox for programmer related plugins such as
> Plugin Builder, Plugin Reloader, ScriptRunner and HelloWorld?  One another
> idea is to integrate HelloWorld into Plugin Builder?

Hi,

yes, this is a solution, I feel that with over 6000 downloads it is
probably useful for somebody to study how a minimal plugin does work.

But HelloWorld is also used as a test plugin for the plugin repository:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/tree/master/qgis-app/plugins/tests/HelloWorld

I collected a lot of HelloWorld versions that I use to test version
conflicts, metadata parsing, UTF8 support and a lot of other errors that
appeared in the past.

But I'm fine to leave it unpublished, I can re-publish it when testing.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it