[Qgis-developer] New Print Composer UI: Position and Size

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Feb 27 07:45:52 PST 2013

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used the new print composer UI a bit more and came across a problem,
> esp. on Ubuntu:
>
> The "Position and Size" section in the item properties: first there are
> the line inputs for x,y,width,height and to the right there is the
> choice of the reference points. However, the line inputs of
> x,y,width,height are way too wide (they could be a quarter or third of
> the size) and one has to scroll to the right to see the choice of the
> reference point.

This is a known issue on all platforms [0]. Essentially, the forms widths
need to be reduced for some of the item property panels, and a reasonable
default width needs set.

I'll be working on it today after I finish an issue with slow composer
duplication. If you see anything else that's a problem with the new
composer GUI, please report it and I'll try to make sure it is addressed.

Regards and thanks,

Larry

[0] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7194

See http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/print_composer_ui_problem.pdf to