[Qgis-developer] SRS DB maintenance

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jul 3 23:59:49 PDT 2013

Hi Werner,

On Thu, 04. Jul 2013 at 08:35:42 +0200, Werner Macho wrote:
> As I had some problems with non existing EPSG Codes in the srs.db
> lately too .. I support Radim here ..

> It seem's that something is going wroing here .. While most of the
> world is covered not all EPSGs are available or being overwritten ..

> Isn't there an official "latest" database that we can just take? Or
> try to make it easy for the user to update the db if connected to the
> internet sync db on QGIS start or something like that?

Brilliant. Why didn't we think of that before - and we can also reduce the
cluttered QGIS UI to a single DWIM[1] button while we're at it. ;)

7805af3cf introduces a noupdate field in tbl_srs, that is set to 1 for the
mentioned CRSes.  And crssync doesn't update or delete records marked like
that.  But that flag should probably tracked somehow and set to 0 eventually,
when the CRSes get corrected in/introduced to geotiff/GDAL/proj.4.

Jürgen

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DWIM

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to QGIS                                IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden