[Qgis-developer] configuration lost when running 2.0

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 12 07:10:04 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:57:28PM +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> That doesn't change the issue. The settings will still be moved and reset a
> fresh using --configpath.

Yes, but it won't be the default.

> You would be surprised how many want to run bn

I surely want to run 1.8 if 2.0 doesn't know about my connections :)

My point here is what should the default be ?

The current default is that upgrading from 1.8 to 2.0 creates a fresh
configuration, loosing the old one (plugins included).
I find this pretty annoying, as a user.

If I understand correctly, the risk with using the same configuration
with both 1.8 and 2.0 is that configuration changes I make while running
with 1.8 would be immediately visible when running 2.0, and vice-versa.
Sounds like a feature to me, not like a problem. So, what's the problem
with that, exactly ?

--strk;