[Qgis-developer] configuration lost when running 2.0

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 12 10:21:52 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 07:17:05PM +0200, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Dnia środa, 12 czerwca 2013 o 18:55:23 Sandro Santilli napisał(a):
> > I guess you'll want to do that only when the new config file doesn't
> > exist, so it is about to be created. The user should be prompted about
> > that, something like:
> >
> >  "Configuration file 'XXY' was not found, do you want to start a new
> >   one from scratch or do you want to copy it from an old one ?"
>
> It's obvious
>
> > Then the tool should let you choose an old configuration to copy from.
> > Ideally you'd have the known old configs in a pull down menu, but still
> > allow the user to pick other locations.
>
> There was one default location QuantumGIS/QGIS and I was thinking about a tool
> for usual users to copy from there to QGIS/QGIS2.
>
> If you store your config in a custom location, then you used to run QGIS with
> --optionspath, so I don't get the idea to copy it to the default location now.

There's actually been QuantumGIS/QGIS, QuantumGIS/QGIS2 and there is QGIS/QGIS2
now. I guess in the future there could be something else, thus the idea of letting
users copy from somewhere else. Think at QGIS3 time, someone upgrading from QGIS1
would have two possible places to copy from. Is it too complex to let users decide
where to copy from ?

--strk;