[Qgis-developer] configuration lost when running 2.0

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jun 12 11:41:16 PDT 2013

Dnia środa, 12 czerwca 2013 o 19:21:52 Sandro Santilli napisał(a):
> There's actually been QuantumGIS/QGIS, QuantumGIS/QGIS2 and there is
> QGIS/QGIS2 now. I guess in the future there could be something else, thus
> the idea of letting users copy from somewhere else. Think at QGIS3 time,
> someone upgrading from QGIS1 would have two possible places to copy from.
> Is it too complex to let users decide where to copy from ?

Of course it's not too complex, it's probably even not more than 10 times more
time-consuming and still fits in half an evening. I only insist it is not
necessary to provide a combobox for intermediate stages of a migration
performed in master when it was in highly unstable alpha time. Instead, I
proposed just a half-an-hour minimalistic solution for painless transition
from stable 1.x to 2.0.

We have 80 open blockers, far too less hands to work and personally I just
don't know anyone keen to write such conveniences for apha users. If you know
someone able to invest half an evening into it, I'll be happy (unless he
otherwise could squash bugs ;))  ).