[Qgis-developer] Feature freeze commencing the ides of March

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sun Mar 3 02:28:38 PST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl> wrote:

> Dnia sobota, 2 marca 2013 o 22:15:41 Tim Sutton napisał(a):
> > Hi All
> >
> > I would like to get 2.0 release process rolling - I think all the key
> > features we were after have made their way into master and those that
> > haven't can probably wait for 2.1. Unless there is vigorous and
> > widespread objection, I propose that we embark on the following
> > release schedule:
>
> It will be great to see the 2.0 in the end, however first I'd like to
> ensure
> its API will be ready for all the features to be postponed to 2.1.
>
> Of course, I mean especially the threading. I would ask Martin about his
> attitude to the freeze date. Also Radim put "Raster API revision" to his
> hackfest tasks.
>
> Seems we postpone the long-awaited GUI usability overhaul to 2.1, but at
> least
> we should decide for the horizontal/vertical tabs :)

That's next on my list. :^) I'll be finishing the work on converting the
project, vector and raster option dialogs to vertical tabs, probably
starting on Monday.

Considering the number of current outstanding issues for the project as a
whole, I think any more large GUI changes (like the recent ones to Print
Composer) should be slated for 2.1. There is still quite a bit of work just
to bring more consistency to the current GUI.

Regards,

Larry