[Qgis-developer] hints for writing a C++ plugin

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 02:06:44 PDT 2013

Hi Diego,

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:00:41 +0100
Diego Gnesi Bartolani <diego.gnesi at gmail.com> wrote:

> - can they be deployed in the same way Pythons plugins are? (Or, if not,
> what the user shall do to install the plugin and what have I to do deploy
> it?)

C++ can't be installed via Plugin Installer. Users should download
plugin library (.dll or .so) and put it in right place manually.

> - which library shall I use to read and write raster data from a C++ QGIS
> plugin? GDAL or a specific QGIS API? And if the answer is GDAL, can I trust
> that this library will be installed in final user's pc?

You can use any library for raster processing. GDAL is one of the
possible solutions. If you decide to use GDAL, don't worry, QGIS
itself relies on this library, so users will have it on their PC

--
Alexander Bruy