[Qgis-developer] ECW!!!

jr.morreale at enoreth.net jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Fri Mar 15 03:57:28 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-15 11:14, Vincent Picavet wrote:
>> I can understand Fred's frustration. Let's see a new plugin in
>> OSGEO4W
>> sooner than later.
>
> It's up to you then.

I was going to write the same thing, ECW is proprietary viper's nest,
the work to make it usable on QGIS should be done by ERDAS or by the
people using it.

For those wanting a good wavelet format, there is OpenJPEG 2.0. If it
doesn't fit the bill for you then they should think about supporting it
like the CNES did instead of asking a open software to support a black
box with a stupid license.