[Qgis-developer] PR1007 bump minimum to 4.7: objections?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Nov 27 02:26:05 PST 2013

Hi Richard,

On Wed, 27. Nov 2013 at 10:25:36 +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > I don't see a point in this.  The pull request will just break the lucid
> > builds without adding anything new (or cleaning out any old code that
> > requires Qt <4.7).

> Ok. Clear. Then we should close the two pull requests with the message: we
> want to provide lucid builds untill .... so before that time we will not
> upgrade Qt...

Apparently not so clear.  Lucid is not the point.  It that it's just breaking
something w/o achieving anything else.  And that's essentially the only thing
it does.

QGIS currently works with earlier versions.  That (tiny) change could be part
of a larger PR that removes all the old ifdefed code, that will become useless,
once QGIS refuses to be compiled on Qt <4.7 anyway.  Or when something else is
added that requires Qt 4.7 (and which needs some effort to to maintain for Qt
<4.7).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)                                   IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden