[Qgis-developer] Installing Processing problems

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Oct 18 07:18:56 PDT 2013

On Oct 18, 2013, at 2:08 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 18/10/2013 08:43, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> My OS X package has all the Processing dependencies bundled in the app.  With a clean
>> install it should find the bundled GRASS (and SAGA, OTB, TauDEM) automatically.  If
>> you have used the 2.0 nightlies before 2.0 release, your preferences may have paths
>> to Processing components that don't work with my build.  The Processing prefs are not
>> stored with the QGIS global prefs, but are in the ~/.qgis2/processing folder.  But
>> the GRASS path for the GRASS plugin (non-processing), and the flags that say that
>> GRASS and SAGA are installed for Processing ARE stored in the global QGIS prefs
>> (~/Library/Preferences/org.qgis.qgis2.plist), so you might want to try deleting both.
>
> Hi William,
> thanks for clarifying. Apparently the user has a fresh install, so this should not be
> the problem. GRASS plugin works, it is just Processing plugin that has trouble
> finding it.
> All the best.

Hmm.  Runtime errors can cause Processing to say that it can't find it, even when the path is correct.  What's in the output log of a Processing GRASS command (not the dialog that pops up when it can't find GRASS).  You can keep the algorithm dialog open by setting a Processing general option.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy