[Qgis-developer] Ticket cleanup after 2.0 release

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Sep 10 00:18:22 PDT 2013

Giovanni, René-Luc,

Am Montag, 9. September 2013, 14.15:50 schrieb Giovanni Manghi:
> > Hi Pirming,
> > thanks for raising the issue. I'd be a bit careful about autoclosing.
> > Tickets are a huge source of knowledge about the program, often are
> > opened as placeholder not to forget missing function that we'll deal
> > with, sooner or later, etc. Besides that, users will sometimes take this
> > as impolite, or think that we are trying to hide problems, and refrain
> > from getting involved with the project. Me and Giovanni Manghi have dealt
> > with (and opened[0]) many hundreds of tickets, and I think nothing can
> > replace careful consideration.
> > Having said that, I agree that if a ticket has no feedback for weeks, and
> > is probably a local issue, is better be closed.
> > Please do some careful simulation, checking the likely results, before
> > acting. This is by no means a secondary issue, as it involves our public
> > image, and the relations with our community
>
> I agree with Paolo,
>
> please do not close tickets automatically... yet.
>

> Let me work on the queue during the HF, I'm sure that many features
> requests tickets can be closed.

You can decide during the HF, whether I should run a script once for closing
tickets. It's possible to limit the affected tickets e.g. by version or
assignement.
I also recommend setting the target version of open 2.0 tickets to "Version X
- Unplanned" unless you know, that someone will work on it.

Pirmin