[Qgis-developer] Issues with GRASS plugin

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Apr 1 11:50:14 PDT 2014

HI.
Thanks for checking. I tried again on a simple location, and:

Il 01/04/2014 17:39, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:

>> * changing the resolution by editing the grass region does not work (all
>> subsequent analyses are at the resolution of the origin raster)

I open a raster, click on Edit grass region, change just the resolution,
then I run r.slope - > the resulting map has the resolution of the input
dtm, not that defined in the previous step.

>> the browser results in the loading of all individual topology layers.

If I add a vector from GRASS plugin>Toolbox>Browser, with double click
or right click -> add to map, I get individual topolayers (1_polygon,
topo_point, topo_line, topo_node).
>From QGIS browser, I get a double entry for grass locations (one as a
folder, one as grass layers). The first does not show data, the second
does not allow the loading of the whole layer, but only of individual
topolayers.
It used to behave properly.

> In the first case I have no issues here (after having imported the
> raster with r.in.gdal). I'm using master/ubuntu.
>
> In the second case the browser (both in qgis and standalone
> application) shows a (grass) icon for the location and mapset, then
> for vectors it show the classic database/cylinder icon. Opening it  I
> see the 0,1,2 layers than can be added just individually.

does it show also topolayers?

> The qgis browser standalone application crashes when trying to preview
> the table of a grass vector layer.

Moreover, creating a location from qgis extent fails.
GRASS 6.4.3-3 and QGIS 2.2 on Debian sid, and standalone on Windows.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu