[Qgis-developer] Help on Oracle provider on Debian

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Aug 19 23:48:21 PDT 2014

Hi devs,

I want to invest some time into testing/working with the QGIS Oracle
driver (both for QGIS-Desktop and QGIS-Server).

First thing needed, I have: installed Oracle DB on a CentOS machine.

But for next thing: compiling QGIS with OracleProvider on Linux/Debian
enabled, I'll need some hints.

Anybody experience with installing/compiling OCI on Debian, and able to
provide a link or info about how that's done.

I found this (old) link:

http://ggorjan.blogspot.com/2007/04/oracle-instantclient-odbc-on-debian.html

Which reminded me to earlier Oracle work: there is always so much to
download, not clear what you need and what is just cruft.

So if somebody is able to describe the minimal Oracle stuff I need to be
able to build Oracle Driver that would be great.

I'm happy to describe it later in a blogpost and I'll buy you a
beer/applepie/pizza whatever whenever we meet ;-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde