[Qgis-developer] Python plugins mandatory metadata

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 08:54:42 PDT 2014

> Hello,
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Il 25/08/2014 17:06, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> > I agree they should remain optional for now.
>>
>> After a few months of managing the plugin approval queue, I still do not
>> understand what is the advantage of having plugins without a repo and
>> bugtracker. I agree that a home page is not a necessity.
>
> +1
> Moreover, plugins are GPL licenced, hence the source code should be shared
> when a plugin is distributed.
> Python is a script language, but still there are
> some source which should not go into the final plugin package (.ui files
> typically).

This is not always the case, I know at least one plugin without ui files.

But the question is not if a plugin generally needs a
repository/tracker, of course it does.

The question is if a plugin can be uploaded in the official plugins
repository even if it misses a repository/tracker. There is some
automatic validation in place and automatic rules do not admit
exceptions.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it