[Qgis-developer] SIP and transfer of ownership

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Mon Dec 1 13:19:24 PST 2014

Hi Martin

Sorry for the equally long delay, and thanks for your response.   At the moment I don't have time to think about this in any case.

However I agree with your general point, better to address the issue at the C++ level rather than the SIP level, so that everyone benefits and the code base is more robust against ownership oversights.  It does make it a slightly bigger job!

I guess the ideal thing is to document a preferred pattern for implementing these types of objects which are generally copied and not modified (I'm not that familiar with code patterns or what is available in the Qt framework, though I think this sort of pattern is well used within it, eg strings?).

Thanks
Chris

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.