[Qgis-developer] Snapping tolerance

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Sat Dec 13 07:57:18 PST 2014

Hi Martin

 >I would like to change the behavior so that the "map units" in
snapping config dialog would mean units in project's CRS

The renaming is fine, however I think it needs all 3 modes. Sometimes
people digitise against a background TMS, but have a feature model in
layer units in mind (e.g. if two parcels are less than 50cm away,
consider the boundaries as identical).

Regards,
Marco

On 13.12.2014 07:02, Martin Dobias wrote:
> Hi
>
> Recently I have been working on some snapping improvements (more about
> that later) and I have found one slightly surprising thing about the
> configuration of tolerances: if the tolerance unit is set to "map
> units", it actually means "layer units" - i.e. units in layer's CRS
> and not in project's CRS. Recently there was even a bug report filed
> for that: https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11634
>
> I would like to change the behavior so that the "map units" in
> snapping config dialog would mean units in project's CRS. Would there
> be any objections?
>
> Alternatively we could just rename "map units" to "layer units" to
> make it less surprising (and eventually add a third option to use
> project's units).
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Dr. Marco Hugentobler