[Qgis-developer] some flaw in RDP algorithm?

giulianc51 giulianc51 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 06:08:36 PST 2014

Hi all,

I do not know if this is the right place to talk about it but I think I
have found a small problem in the plugin fTools, particularly in the
"Simplify geometry" of the module "Geometry tool";

more precisely, the problem is in the RDP algorithm used by the
function;

nothing dramatic, the procedure works properly and provides a
simplified line, but I have isolated some cases in which the solution
is not optimal: some points, not needed for the definition of the line,
are left;

to sum up, I put some considerations in some slides here
http://www.slideshare.net/giulianc/clean-lines-presentation;

can you tell me where and how it can be of interest to discuss this
topic?

thanks, best regards, sfm+Gtbe(*) :-)
giuliano curti

(*) sorry for my (+ Google translation) bad english :-)