[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-community-team] translation: breaking ts file up in parts for transifex ?

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 11:42:29 PST 2014

Why don't you ask the translators ?

As the main translator for QGIS 2.2 Danish, I would give this a -1 until
convinced otherwise:

  * My current work-flow "just works" by having the source-tree for QGIS
    - including the Danish ts file - on my computer. This is a absolute
    _must_ because the Danish translated strings are mostly longer than
    the original English strings. I have to check the Danish strings in
    the QT based dialogues using the QT linguist program for a large
    percentage of the strings.
  * Moving it to Transifex and splitting it in several parts would just
    complicate my work-flow without any benefits.
  * I suspect that the different translation teams is often the size of
    one person for a version release - removing the benefit of crowd
    sourcing.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS