[Qgis-developer] When is 2.2 really due?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Feb 21 07:17:22 PST 2014

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, 21. Feb 2014 at 12:17:23 +0000, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Maybe I did not follow all discussion. But I see people posting tweets and
> blogs everywhere that QGIS 2.2 will be available in 24h or something similar.

> Is this really true? Don't we require a couple of days for packaging, testing
> that the binaries really work, etc.?

Yes.  That's what we had the freeze period for.  But we're going to release
only the sources today (which still lasts 18h in Alaska) and call for packages
after that.

> I am just a bit worried that people put out false promises and increased
> pressure on the release manager, making people believe that they can install
> QGIS 2.2. Monday morning ...

The release manager is blocking people from continuing their bug fixing work
after having blocked them to doing their feature work already.

Releasing just the sources on the release date will probably just put pressure
on the packagers to get packages out asap.  But there's no set date when that
needs to happen.  But Monday is hopefully not far off.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden