[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-UX] option to disable font vectorization in labels

Vincent Mora vincent.mora at oslandia.com
Thu Jan 23 00:13:37 PST 2014

After the discussion with Larry on PR 1096, it apears that font as font
(i.e. non vectorized) will be the default soon (when the bugs are fixed).

The font vectorization is a nice option though, to create portable pdf/svg.

In PR 1092, I added an option to group layers in the svg, this option is
a checkbox at the bottom of the "Save as svg" dialog. I think font
vectorization ('Export text as ouline') would fit nicely right next to
it. This way it does cluttet the composer tabs, you make the choice at
the moment it should be made, and it's not an additional step (specific
dialog after you chose your file name).