[Qgis-developer] openSuse and 2.4

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Jul 2 12:05:38 PDT 2014

Hi,

to clarify my previous email I want to give the reason why I need ogr 1.11.

"Since OGR 1.11, the GML driver supports reading :
- Finnish National Land Survey GML files (a.k.a MTK GML) for topographic
data.
- Finnish National Land Survey GML files for cadastral data.
- Cadastral data in Inspire GML schemas.
- Czech RUIAN Exchange Format (VFR)."
this is from http://www.gdal.org/drv_gml.html

The second attempt for openSuse 12.3 this evening didn't change the
situation. Now I'm guessing; due some other reason/application gdal is
not upgraded in repo and thus in opensuse environment we have to stay in
1.10.1 for ever ? Or do I have to buy again a new desktop machine and
install here some other distro ? ;)

All the best,
Kari

--
Kari Salovaara
Hanko, Finland

"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart."
  ~ Elizabeth Andrew