[Qgis-developer] Please tell me how I can speed-up QGIS development on Android

Giedrius Vaivilavičius gvaivilavicius at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 13:39:17 PDT 2014

Hi QGIS developers,

I'm active QGIS user and bugreporter since 2010 and since 2013 I started to
use QGIS on Android Linux tablets.
QGIS is doing nice progress on Desktops, but no progress on tablets since
October 02, 2013 (see https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Android/commits/master )
QGIS Android version is still 2.0, while desktop version is 2.4 :-/

I've found and reported lots of bugs in QGIS (Desktop and Android
versions), see for
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/android-qgis/issues
Some of these bugs can be resolved very simply - for example by changing
default font to "Droid Serif" QGIS will be usable for most European
countries (Czech, Lithuania, Latvia, and others). see
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/10069
I can fix some of bugs, reported by me at
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/android-qgis/issues , but I don't have
write-access in QGIS Android repository (AFAIK
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Android/ )

Please give me write-access in QGIS Android repo if you don't have time to
fix QGIS for Android Linux bugs.

Thanks,
Giedrius

--