[Qgis-developer] Project temp file archive bit.

G. Garibaldi digitalmaps at cox.net
Wed Jul 23 13:45:33 PDT 2014

Every day I increment the Julian date on the project file I work on. So
MyIncredibleProject.qgs file becomes, for example today's Julian
calendar date, 203MyIncredibleProject.qgs. Tomorrow the first thing I do
will be to increment the file to 204MyIncredibleProject.qgs and so on.

Each day I archive the previous day's file to DVD. On January 1st, 2015
I will start a new DVD and file the 2014 data away.

Such an elaborate backup scheme became necessary in my case due to the
complexity of my project which involves dozens of layers of varying data
types and the regular trashing of the project file by QGIS.

An option to do away with the automatic backup file would be nice. I'll
take it from there.

I'm a big boy, I can tie my own shoelaces.

I am very happy with 2.4.