[Qgis-developer] Error in LizMap printing

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:41:58 PDT 2014

> Everyone is invited to make a pull-request to the documentation or edit
> the QGIS server tutorial on the wiki.
>
> Obviously - installing QGIS server is somewhat trickier than QGIS
> desktop, because you have to deal with Apache, Apache rewriting,
> potentially also password protection, etc - and you have to make sure
> that all the paths to resources and Postgis connections from QGIS
> desktop are still reachable by QGIS server.
>
> The X-requirement is unfortunately necessary because of the way qt works
> for PDF generation and for the integration of SVG symbols/patterns.
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 31.07.2014 13:38, schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
>> On 2014-07-31 12:16, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.itopen.it/2014/03/13/qgis-server-setup-notes/
>>
>> I confirm it does solve the issue.
>> I think we should set up a simpler solution however.
>> Thanks, and sorry for the noise.

I'm still convinced that this is mainly a packaging problem.

It's rather common for other (debian-like) packages to provide default
apache working configs and to install dependencies (could be optional
too).

It's just a (fast)CGI after all.

Of course the deafult installation must be fine-tuned or tweaked for
production websites but this is also true for all other web
applications.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it