[Qgis-developer] spatial joins and select by location should not consider polygons than only touch

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 23:46:19 PDT 2014

Hi Andreas,
I'm doing it :)
As you can see I've added the checkox options to have fine control on
spatial relations. I could add the threashold value as well.
I know we are in feature freeze, I'm doing it for the next 2.5/2.6. Should
I wait for 2.4 release before submitting pull requests with new features?

giovanni

> Hi,
>
> Well, if someone works on improving the intersection functions it would
> make sense to introduce a threshold value to allow to ignore area/area
> intersections with very small overlaps (e.g. very small sliver polygons
> overlapping).
>
> But I doubt that all of this would happen by itself without someone
> investing time or money into it. Certainly not for QGIS 2.4 where we are
> in feature freeze already.
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 04.06.2014 16:58, schrieb G. Allegri:
> >>
> >> Both options should exist. Perhaps a checkbox to exclude those that only
> >> touch?
> >>

> > Admittedly, in my own version I have three checkboxes:
> >
> >  - include layers that only touch
> >  - include layers that only overlaps
> >  - include layers the are completely contained
> >
> > and they are all checked by default (which is an intersects)
> > This let me take full control on the intersection matrix.
> >
> > giovanni
> >

> >> Thanks,
> >> Alex

Giovanni Allegri