[Qgis-developer] Project migrations

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:52:31 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 2:22 PM, kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 It is not a critical bug in terms of code, but for users with complex
> projects (many projects, many layers, etc.), this prevent them from
> migrating to new versions because they cannot always find time to correct
> everything by hand.
>
> We could create a "quick and dirty" processing script "Fix border for old
> projects" which will use some regex magic to read a project file, search and
> replace, and then write a new version ? If someone knowing well the problem
> could provide a diff between the 2 QML (or <maplayer> items), I think I can
> find time to try to help a bit here

The processing scripts are not a real solution - they may help few
people that are aware of the problem and of the script - but the
majority will still run into the trouble. These things should be
solved by implementing project transforms in the QGIS libraries. The
mechanism is there already, just the transformation code for this
particular case is missing.

Regadrs
Martin