[Qgis-developer] SOSI support in QGIS

Stott, James fmrojst at fylkesmannen.no
Thu Jun 26 02:14:18 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Just wondered if anything more has happened with this?

As it stands, I get an option for SOSI files in the file open dialog of 64 bit master, but not 32 bit. (SOSI is the data standard in Norway for those that don't know).

In 64 bit, when I select a file for opening, it comes up with another dialog (similar to when you open up a gpx file) where you choose the geometry you want to load from the file. After I have selected what I want and push ok, I just get an error message saying that the data is not a valid data source.

This happens on both mine and a colleagues machine. Does this affect others too?

I have also installed the gdal-sosi package in osgeo4w. I am using Windows 7 64 Bit, osgeo4w for install. Current QGIS version is d4b07a.

If SOSI files do not open in QGIS, we should remove the option from the open file dialog window. Otherwise I think people here in Norway will have a bad experience with QGIS and SOSI.

Regards,

James Stott