[Qgis-developer] What about a qgis project add function ?

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Mar 2 00:35:02 PST 2014

Am 02.03.2014 07:21, schrieb Geo DrinX:
 > Hi Regis,
 >
 > do you intend this :
 >
 > "ImportProject is a plugin that lets you load layers from another project
 > file. Just select a project (.qgs) file,
 >
 > check off the layers you wish to load, and it will include them in your
 > current project with all styling.
 >
 > Works with vector, raster, database and web service layers."

Unfortunately, it throws error messages for me:

 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File
"C:/Users/Joost/.qgis2/python/plugins\importLayersFromProject\main.py",
line 65, in run
 >     window.populateTable(filePath)
 >   File
"C:/Users/Joost/.qgis2/python/plugins\importLayersFromProject\LayerDialog.py",
line 31, in populateTable
 >     info = getMapInfo(maps.item(i))
 >   File
"C:/Users/Joost/.qgis2/python/plugins\importLayersFromProject\LayerDialog.py",
line 85, in getMapInfo
 >     return
{'name':name,'ds':ds,'mtype':mtype,'geom':geom,'provider':provider}
 > UnboundLocalError: local variable 'geom' referenced before assignment

Adding a project with absolute paths and without tile layers works, so I
suggest to catch these cases before the error message occurs.

The plugin Homepage is a little odd:

<http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/importLayersFromProject/>

calls this bug tracker page:

<http://hub.qgis.org/projects/ImportLayersFromProject>

which does not exist. From the plugin page inside QGIS, these pages are
not accessible either. I think you messed up with "import" and "Import".

Greetings,
André Joost