[Qgis-developer] [gdal-dev] Fix for QGIS 2.2+ Projection issue with OSGB36 NTv2

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:20:46 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Marco Hugentobler <
marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:

>  Hi
>
> I'm adding the entries for OSGB36 NTv2 to srs.db.
> For the .gsb file, you could probably contact the proj4 project if they
> want it to distribute it togethere with the library (if the license allows
> that).

I guess that's unlikely they would add it to the binary packages, as it
would add a few MB to the base install.  But they might add it to
proj-datumgrid-1.5.zip (which contains many free datum files), as the
licence for the grid is BSD.

Makes me think - could QGIS ship with the freely available gsb grids, in an
optional package (say qgis-datum-grids)?  It would be rather convenient,
especially as QGIS now supports them (but does not ship with any grids yet,
unless mistaken).

cheers,
Etienne