[Qgis-developer] Problem with GDAL_translate. REST Services, QGIS

Eric Goddard egoddard1010 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:55:42 PDT 2014

Hi Randal,

I'm not really sure why gdal isn't creating the xml file. It looks
like it is gdal, since using the iface.AddRasterLayer() method
produces the same error message as using gdal_translate from the
command line.

As a work around while that issue is being sorted out, if you download
the gdal ArcGIS server TMS xml definition from
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms_arcgis_mapserver_tms.xml and change the
url before the /tile/${z}/${y}/${x} portion, it will load the tiles
when dragged into QGIS. I tested it with several of the raster layers
from http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/ and they all
worked.

Eric

>>> 423.653.3611 rjhale at northrivergeographic.com