[Qgis-developer] Duplication of functionality: Data-defined size and Size scale field

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:33:37 PDT 2014

> If we do that, we need to find a more readable interface interface for data
> defined properties. It is unclear to the user if some options are activated
> in there or not. A visual flag could do the trick, or a complete gui review,
> to avoid another subdialog. (hierarchical view is the current ergonomy
> option, and I like it).

I think the ultimate solution would be to port the data defined gui
control which is used in the labelling settings over to symbology.
Larry's done a great job with this control and it's behaves very
nicely - it's much easier to set fields, copy expressions, temporarily
deactivate expressions, and see immediately if a setting is data
defined.

I'm hoping during 2.4 to make some composer item settings data
definable, and I plan on using this same control. It would be nice to
add it to symbology too so that there's consistency across the entire
QGIS gui.

Nyall