[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-tr] size of translations, use a distinct repo?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:36:00 PST 2014

On 03/11/2014 6:32 pm, "Denis Rouzaud" <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Thanks again for you work Werner.
>
> Last translation commit is quite large again, due to the Spanish file,
although from a quick look it just seems to be new translations...

> Anyway, I'd like to raise again the idea of using git submodule for
translation files.

Would this also help us fine tune commit permissions on both repos? I'd
imagine that there's a lot of non developers who could potentially benefit
from commit rights for translations?

> As written before, I think they are quite useless in the main repo. Even
if we can limit drastically the growth of the files, I think they would be
better suited in a distinct repo and have a small advantage regarding
growth of the main repo.

+1

Nyall

> I found a project [0] which is using github / transifex with git
submodule for translation files [1].

http://www.ushahidi.com/2012/08/21/localization-and-translation-with-transifex/

denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>