[Qgis-developer] QGIS web client not displaying full WMS extent

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Nov 4 13:48:02 PST 2014

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the confusion. It is indeed a "QGIS as a WMS client" issue.

I now tested with different CRS which the WMS uses, namely EPSG:25833,32633,and 4326.

I added one layer for each CRS and then stepwise changed my project CRS.

With my QGIS project in WGS84 all data of the layer WGS84 layer is displayed properly (however in a form which is little suitable for map production), while EPSG:25833 layer only showed the lower left quarter of the map and 32633 had the "clipped" data extent mentioned.

Then I switched to EPSG:25833. Here for the WGS84 layer and the EPSG:25833 layer only the lower left quarter of the map is visible, and the EPSG:32633 layer had again the clipped extent. Zoom-to-layer on the EPSG:25833 resulted in a 1:35Mio scale while zoom-to-layer on the EPSG:32633 layer resulted in a 1:10Mio scale...

Switching the project to 32633 gave the same result as the project in 25833.

Here I also noticed that on-the-fly projection was activated when switchen forth and back between layers...

 So, it seems indeed somehow related to CRS, do you have a second or third thing you would check?

Does the server send different data for different CRS? Or is it something else?

Cheers

Stefan