[Qgis-developer] Groups in Layers panel

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu Nov 13 22:23:35 PST 2014

Hi,
I'm dealing with quite a number of vector map tiles, and I have grouped
many of them with a common theme.

What I'm finding pretty unworkable, is that when I want to set rendering
style, I have to do it individually per map in that group, and likewise,
when I want to Identify a feature within that group, I have to click
through each map in that group in order to find which map in that group
holds the feature I want to identify.

There are probably quite a few other actions that would be easier to
work at a group level rather than a map level,
but:

Am I attacking this issue the wrong way, or is there a possibility that
some of these actions can be processed by QGIS at a map-group level?

Regards to all,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za